Sunday 8 June 2014

Welcome to the Blog!

This blog is to record my family history searches for my family tree.  "Hoops" stands for my family, "Mazes" for my husband's.  There is lots to research on this journey.

This weekend I have been at Mum & Dad's.  I have been scanning and uploading old family photographs using the best gadget I have bought this year, my Flip Pal!!

Lets open my blog with this one:  the Munro family taken at their house Sunnyside, in Warwick Queensland c.1912.



In this photo are my great-grandparents, James Robert Duncan Munro and Viva Kathleen Milward Reeder, and their three children, James Robert Duncan (the boy standing behind the seated group and my grandfather), Alexander Norman and Kathleen Laura Munro.  Also with them is Mrs Violet Field, their house-keeper.

This photo is poignant for me as it captures a moment in time before sadness would descend the family.  Within 10 years Viva and Kathleen would be dead.  Sunnyside is cruelly ironic.

I will try to keep up to date with this blog, recording my family history discoveries for posterity. 

Welcome to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment